This report, published annually by the Vermont Department of Health, provides comparative data about Vermont hospital quality, patient satisfaction, pricing and financial information. By clicking on the Report Card icon, you can get a “snapshot” of the quality of Vermont hospitals, including Grace Cottage Hospital, by looking at the following aspects of healthcare:
Deaths and Readmissions:
- How each hospital’s performance on the readmission and death (mortality) measures compares to the national rate.
- How recently-discharged patients responded to a national survey about their hospital experience. For example, how well did a hospital’s doctors and nurses communicate with patients and manage their pain?
Timely and Effective Care:
- How often and quickly each hospital gives recommended treatments for certain conditions like heart attack, heart failure, and pneumonia. This section also explores how facilities follow best practices to prevent surgical complications for common procedures.
Healthcare-Acquired Infection (HAI):
- This section provides information on infections that occur while the patient is in the hospital.
Nurse Staffing Information:
- Nursing Care Hours Per Patient Days refers to the number of hours of nursing care provided on a hospital unit, compared to the number of patients on that unit during a 24-hour period.
Financial And Pricing Information:
- This Section provides information on each hospital’s budget, financial information and benchmarks, cost shift information, hospital spending, top 25 inpatient admissions and outpatient procedures and their hospital charges, physician and hospital charges for common outpatient diagnostic procedures and visits, and discount and free care policies.
- See Grace Cottage Hospital’s Discount and Free Care Policy.
Additional Information About Grace Cottage Hospital:
- Grace Cottage exists to serve the health care needs of our community. As such, we have been conducting formal assessments of the problems faced by people in our service area since 2004. An extensive Community Health Needs Assessment was most recently compiled in 2015. From that analysis, a three-year Implementation Plan was created with strategic initiatives to address those needs and is currently in use.
- Hospital Governance: Grace Cottage Hospital is a non-profit hospital founded in 1949. The Administration Team collaborates with the Board of Trustees in setting hospital policy.
- We encourage our patients to voice their complaints, concerns, or suggestions through our Hospital Complaint Process.
- Compliments are always welcome as well! Feel free to send a quick note of thanks to firstname.lastname@example.org.