Visits from family and friends are important to the healing process. We strive to make visiting your loved ones as easy as possible.
Anyone identified by the patient as a visitor is welcome. Children are welcome visitors at Grace Cottage, however, we ask that children under the age of 12 be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
To assure the safety and privacy of all of our patients, we ask that visitors follow these recommendations:
- Visitors who are experiencing or have experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 48 hours are asked not to visit patients: fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, skin rash, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Only a few people should visit at once. More than two or three visitors can overcrowd a room.
- Due to possible medical restrictions on a patient’s diet, visitors are asked to check with a nurse before bringing candy, liquids or foods to a patient.
- Our campus is latex free. Please do not bring latex balloons onto campus. Mylar balloons are permitted.
- Our campus is smoke-free. Visitors may smoke only off-campus.
- Before ordering or bringing flowers, find out if the patient is allowed to receive flowers at the hospital.
Visiting hours are between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. daily; however, special visiting hours may be granted by the physician or the charge nurse.
Public restrooms are located off the main hallway, near the registration waiting area.
Visitors who have their own devices with wireless connections can log into our guest network. However, access to the Internet is at your own risk. We recommend that guest network users have personal antivirus and security on their devices. Grace Cottage is unable to provide technical support to users of the guest network. Grace Cottage is not responsible for any hardware or software issues that may arise before, during, or after use of the guest network.
The cafeteria is open for breakfast sandwiches (quantities are limited) from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. at the guest rate of $2.00. Lunch is served from 12:10 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. The guest rate for lunch is $8.00. Patients’ spouses are asked to obtain lunch from the cafeteria at the guest rate. Visitors are welcome to join their loved ones for lunch; please talk to your nurse or social worker about reserving a table so you can dine together. You can also purchase snacks and beverages at Messenger Valley Pharmacy, located across the street on Route 35.
Gifts & Magazines
You can find cards, gifts, and magazines at Messenger Valley Pharmacy, located across the street on Route 35. A limited number of daily newspapers are available at the nurses’ station for sharing.