Definition of an uninsured or self pay patient:
- Is responsible either personally or as a guarantor for the payment of all charges assessed for services provided to the patient
- Does not have any health insurance coverage including Medicare or high deductible commercial plans
- Does not qualify for GCFHH Financial Assistance Program or Medicaid Purpose: All uninsured (self pay patients) who have no third party payer source of payment for medical care or do not qualify for Medicaid or GCFHH Financial Assistance Program may be offered an uninsured discount for 20%.
- Any patient or guarantor meeting the above definition of an uninsured patient may be offered a 20% discount.
- All balances must be paid within 30 days of the first statement date to receive this discount.
- The discount only applies to services provided at Grace Cottage Family Health and Hospital.
- Discount will be applied by Director of Business Office or Finance Department upon receipt of payment in full within the required timeframe.