Surgical recovery and physical rehabilitation at Grace Cottage
Not ready to return home after a hospital stay? Patients recovering from major surgery, stroke, injury, complex wounds, infection, or illness may need and qualify for what is referred to as “skilled” or “swing bed” care.
Did you know that you have a choice as to where you recover?
Patients who enter Grace Cottage Hospital’s rehabilitation program will receive customized care from an expert inpatient interdisciplinary team in a tranquil rural setting.
How do you access inpatient rehabilitative care at Grace Cottage Hospital? Click here: Guide to Inpatient Stays.
Meet Grace Cottage’s award-winning interdisciplinary team:
- Hospitalist – Our Medical Providers are responsible for the care and treatment plan for each patient and visit patients regularly.
- Skilled Rehabilitation Nurse – Skilled Rehabilitation Nurses assist individuals recovering from acute or chronic illness in attaining or maintaining maximum function toward rehabilitation goals.
- Social Worker – Social Workers act as liaisons for the patient and family, and they help to provide support and to coordinate discharge planning and referrals.
- Physical Therapist – Physical Therapists provide individual sessions as appropriate, up to 7 days/week, or individual, customized sessions twice daily as appropriate. They focus on increasing a patient’s strength, range of motion, and independence with mobility.
- Occupational Therapist – Occupational Therapists provide individual sessions as appropriate, up to 7 days/week, or individual, customized sessions twice daily as appropriate. They help patients to regain coordination and strength, with a focus on activities of daily living such as getting dressed, taking a shower, completing household tasks, and cooking a meal.
- Speech Language Pathologist – Speech Language Pathologists provide consultative sessions with frequent monitoring. They work with patients to improve cognitive issues as well as speech and swallowing difficulty.
- Registered Dietician – Registered Dieticians provide consultations and monitor nutritional needs to maximize health and healing.
- Activities Coordinator – Activities Coordinators assess individual patient interests and promote social and leisure activities.
Our primary goal is to return you to the highest level of independence possible.
For more information, contact Jessica Emerson, Director of Admissions, Social Services & Discharge Planning, at (802) 365-3614 or via email at JEmerson@gracecottage.org.